Samaritan Health Services is committed to accessibility by making its programs and activities accessible to and useable by disabled persons, including persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, blind or who have other sensory impairments. Access features include:
- Convenient off-street parking designated specifically for disable persons
- Curb cuts and ramps between parking areas and buildings
- Level access into first floor level with elevator access to all other floors
- Fully accessible offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, public waiting areas, cafeteria, patient treatment areas, including examining rooms and patient wards
- A full range of assistive and communication aids provided to persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, blind or with other sensory impairments. There is no additional charge for such aids. Some of these aids include:
- Qualified sign language interpreters for persons who are deaf or hard of hearing
- A 24 hour telecommunication device (TTY/TDD) which can connect the caller to all extensions within the facility and/or portable (TTY/TDD) units, for use by persons who are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired.
- Readers and taped material for the blind and large print materials for the visually impaired
- Flash cards, alphabet boards and other communication boards
- Assistive devices for persons with impaired manual skills
If you require any of the aids listed above, please let the receptionist or your nurse know.
To review our Rights & Responsibilities of Patients literature, please select the appropriate link for your primary language below.
Rights and responsibilities of patients
Derechos y responsabilidades como paciente
Samaritan Health Services does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color national origin, disability, or age in admission, treatment, or publication in its programs, services and activities or in employment.
For further information about this policy,or concerns regarding the appropriate legal non discrimination acts,* please contact:
Samaritan Health Services
SHS Compliance Officer
Telephone: (541) 768-4649
AT&T TDD 24 hours: 1-800-855-1155
*Legal acts include:
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
Age Discrimination Act of 1975
Page updated August 27, 2015