The Samaritan Albany General Hospital Auxiliary will begin its annual scholarship application process on Friday, Feb. 14. Scholarship application packets will be available at the hospital’s Volunteer Information Desk weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or at local high school counseling offices.
Please request either a student packet or an adult packet. Eligibility requirements for students and employed adults are:
- All applicants must be seeking higher education or continuing education in the human medical field.
- Adult applicants must currently be employed by Samaritan Albany General Hospital, Samaritan Health Services or another medical facility serving the human medical needs of Albany area residents, working in Albany, Millersburg, Jefferson, Tangent, Halsey, Shedd, Brownsville, Scio or Crabtree.
- Graduating high school students must be in good standing with a permanent address and living in Albany, Millersburg, Jefferson, Tangent, Halsey, Shedd, Brownsville, Scio or Crabtree.
- College students must be currently enrolled in an accredited university or college program or be accepted to and plan to enroll in an accredited university or college program with a permanent address in Albany, Millersburg, Jefferson, Tangent, Halsey, Shedd, Brownsville, Scio or Crabtree.
- Applications will also be evaluated for completeness, content and quality of the application.
- All student applicants must have permanent residency in Albany, Millersburg, Jefferson, Halsey, Shedd, Brownsville, Scio or Crabtree.
Scholarships are funded by profits from the Auxiliary-operated hospital gift shop, designated Albany General Hospital Foundation contributions and funds raised through various auxiliary sponsored fundraisers. Scholarship funds are awarded for tuition; books and supplies required by the program only; and will be paid directly to the university or college.
To receive a packet by mail, call the Auxiliary and Volunteer Services office at 541-812-4003 and leave a message stating your name, mailing address and whether you wish to receive an adult Samritan employee or student packet.
Completed applications are due to the Auxiliary and Volunteer Services office or hospital information desk by Friday, March 28, at 5 p.m. Award recipients will be selected and notified by June 1.