In recognition of American Heart Month, Samaritan Heart & Vascular Institute
will offer free heart health screenings in Benton, Lincoln and Linn counties.
Tests take approximately 15 minutes, with the appointment lasting about 30 minutes. Screenings include a full lipid panel including total cholesterol, glucose and blood pressure checks. An eight-hour fast is required for accurate readings. Copies of test results will also be provided so that participants may follow up with their primary care provider if necessary.
Appointments are available from 8 a.m. to noon on the following dates:
• Saturday, Jan. 12, at Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital, located at 930 SW Abbey St., in Newport
• Saturday, Jan. 19, at Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, located at 3600 NW Samaritan Drive, in Corvallis - This heart screening is full
• Saturday, Jan. 26, at Samaritan Medical and Diagnostics Center, located at 400 NW Hickory St., Suite 300, in Albany - This heart screening is full
• Saturday, Feb. 2, at Samaritan Surgical Clinic, located at 3100 NE 28th St, Suite B in Lincoln City
• Saturday, Feb. 9, at Samaritan Lebanon Community Hospital, located at 525 N Santiam Hwy, in Lebanon - This heart screening is full
Fasting is required for accurate test results, and no food or beverages other than water should be consumed after midnight the night before the test. Heart-healthy refreshments will be provided at each screening for people to enjoy following their tests.
Pre-registration is required and space is limited. To schedule an appointment, call 1-855-873-0647.