February is American Heart Month. In recognition, Samaritan Heart & Vascular Institute will offer free heart health screenings in Linn, Benton and Lincoln counties.
Tests take approximately 15 minutes, with the appointment lasting about 30 minutes. Screenings include a full lipid panel including total cholesterol, glucose and blood pressure checks. An eight-hour fast is required for accurate readings. Copies of the test results will also be provided so that participants may follow up with their primary care provider if necessary.
Appointments are available from 8 a.m. to noon on the following dates:
- Saturday, Jan. 28, at Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital, located at 930 SW Abbey St., in Newport. - The Newport heart screening is now full.
- Saturday, Feb. 4, at Samaritan Lebanon Community Hospital, located at 525 N Santiam Hwy, in Lebanon. - The Lebanon heart screening is now full.
- Saturday, Feb. 11, at Samaritan Surgical Clinic, located at 3100 NE 28th St, Suite B, in Lincoln City. - The Lincoln City heart screening is now full.
- Saturday, Feb. 18, at Samaritan Medical and Diagnostics Center, located at 400 NW Hickory St., Suite 300, in Albany. - The Albany heart screening is now full.
- Saturday, Feb. 25, at Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, located at 3600 NW Samaritan Drive, in Corvallis. - The Corvallis heart screening is now full.
Fasting is required for accurate test results, and no food or beverages other than water should be consumed after midnight the night before the test. Also refrain from using hand lotion as it can impact test results. Heart-healthy refreshments will be provided at each screening for people to enjoy following their tests.
Pre-registration is required. To schedule an appointment, call 1-800-763-4571.