All across its service area
, from the mid-valley to the coast, Samaritan Health Services collaborates with like-minded neighbors to bring needed health-related services to its communities.
Just one way that Samaritan works with neighbors is through its awarding of Social Accountability Budget (SAB) grants. SAB grants are awarded within Linn, Benton and Lincoln counties and are administered locally by volunteer committees based at each Samaritan-affiliated hospital. The committees focus primarily on funding programs that address the unmet needs of underserved populations and improving the health of the community. Across all three counties, a total of $205,672 in Social Accountability grants were awarded in 2013.
"The Social Accountability Budget reflects an important extension of our health care mission," Samaritan Health Services President/CEO Larry A. Mullins said. "We are pleased to provide this support for dozens of local organizations to assist with their health-related programs and services. It is this cooperative spirit that helps make our community a special place to live."
Local organizations that Samaritan has identified as candidates to apply for SAB funding will be invitedeach year to submit an application. For more information, call 541-768-7330.
2013 Social Accountability grants awarded:
- Benton County Oral Health Coalition - $35,000
- Center Against Rape and Domestic Violence - $18,000
- Corvallis Drop-In Center - $2,500
- Linus Pauling Institute - $10,000
- Old Mill Center - $26,400
- Children’s Advocacy Center of Lincoln County - $8,900
- Lincoln County Medical Access Partnership - $5,000
- Neighbors for Kids - $9,900
- RSVP - $8,900
- Senior Meals on Wheels - $5,000
- CASA - $3,900
- Centro de Ayuda - $3,900
- Food Share of Lincoln County - $3,900
- Innovative Concepts for Families - $3,900
- ABC House - $12,000
- Boys & Girls Club of Albany - $7,750
- CASA of Linn County - $2,500
- Family Tree Relief Nursery - $7,000
- FISH of Albany - $7,000
- FISH of Lebanon - $3,500
- Lebanon Basic Services - $3,000
- Mighty Oaks Children’s Therapy - $1,650
- Pregnancy Alternatives Center - $4,000
- St. Vincent de Paul - $3,000
- Sweet Home Emergency Ministries - $7,000
- Sweet Home Pregnancy Care Center - $2,072