Benefits are an important part
of every employee's overall compensation and Samaritan Health Services offers a wide range of options so each employee may choose what is best for his or her individual needs. Benefits may vary depending on location, longevity, employment status and specific contracts with collective bargaining units.
Paid time off
- Paid time off is designed to meet individual needs for time away from work. It is a consolidation of vacation, holiday and sick leave.
Personal choice account
- Premiums may be paid on a pre-tax basis. This comprehensive benefit program offers medical, pharmacy, dental and vision.
- Use pre-tax dollars to pay for dependent care expenses, medical, dental and vision services, and employee insurance premiums.
Life and disability insurance
- For eligible employees, 4 percent contribution in defined contribution plan. Employee is 100 percent vested after three years. In addition, eligible employees can be matched up to 2 percent of their wages in additional retirement plan. Employee is 100 percent vested in employer match after two years.
- Life insurance — a one-time payment of employee's annual salary up to $100,000 maximum.
- Accidental death and dismemberment — two times annual salary up to $50,000 maximum.
- Long-term disability — 60 percent of employee's monthly salary up to $5,000 maximum per month.
- Short-term disability — five voluntary plans available.
- Employees may purchase additional life insurance up to a maximum of $300,000 for the employee and eligible dependents.
- Additional AD&D insurance available.
Employee wellness program
- Undergraduate and graduate classes are reimbursed at up to 75 percent (up to a yearly maximum of $5,250) for tuition and books. Open to employees who work at least half time.
Employee assistance program
- Employees are reimbursed for participating in approved health-related classes and activities up to the yearly maximum of $300.
Athletic club discounts
- Confidential counseling services for employees and their immediate family members.
- Consumer Credit Counseling — debt management counseling services
- Family Connections — child care and elder care referral services
Cafeteria and pharmacy discounts
- Discounts are given at selected athletic clubs in Lincoln, Linn and Benton counties.
- Employees enjoy a discount at all Samaritan Health Services cafeterias and on over the counter medications in the retail pharmacies.