Taking that partnership even further, Samaritan pledged $250,000 over five years to COMP-Northwest. The Lebanon Community Hospital Foundation fulfilled the final $50,000 of that pledge for the medical school at its fifth annual Samaritan Scramble golf tournament on July 28, 2014 at Mallard Creek Golf Course. A total of 144 golfers participated in the sold-out tournament.
Special thanks go to Central Willamette Community Credit Union, the presenting sponsor of all five tournaments.
The tournament’s winning teams were:
- Gross score of 55: PAE Consulting Engineers Inc. team: Dave Williams, Matt Godt, Jon Anderson and Alex Young
- Net score of 51.2: KeyBank team: Ernesto Toskovic, Harold Hartfeil, Bill Copenhaver and Mark Bechel
- Longest drive, hole 5: Jason Hunt and Carol Cromwell
- Longest drive, hole 17: Dr. Scott Grupas and Stacy Koos
- Closest to the pin, hole 3: Taylor Grant
- Closest to the pin, hole 15: Curt Gonzalez and Amy Vandetta
The sixth annual Samaritan Scramble is scheduled for July 27. 2015 at 1 p.m. at Mallard Creek. For more information, or to register, call the Lebanon Community Hospital Foundation at 541-451-6303.