How to report fraud, waste or abuse
If you suspect that a provider, supplier or care facility has committed a wrongdoing, including ethical issues, potential conflicts of interest, potential non-compliance issues, potential fraud, waste or abuse allegations, etc., (see other definitions of fraud, waste and abuse
), we ask that you report it to us immediately.
You may remain anonymous if you prefer. All information received or discovered by the Special Investigations Unit will be treated as confidential, and the results of investigations will be discussed only with persons having a legitimate reason to receive information (e.g. state and federal authorities, Samaritan Health Services legal department, medical directors or senior management).
If you suspect fraud, waste or abuse, please report it immediately through any of the following channels:
- Call the Samaritan Health Plans Compliance Officer, Denise Severson at 541-768-5670.
- Submit our Special Investigations Form or send your comments by mail to:
Samaritan Health Plans
2300 NW Walnut Blvd.
Corvallis, OR 97330
You may also report any suspected fraud, waste or abuse to an external agency. The following agencies will accept your report:
- Oregon State Attorney General:
- Oregon Department of Human Services:
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS):
- Call: 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227)