Enrollment requirements for the 2014 Samaritan Choice Wellness Plan
To become enrolled in the Samaritan Choice Wellness Plan, you have some additional requirements to meet. These requirements apply only to employees who wish to enroll in the Samaritan Choice Wellness Plan. If you meet the enrollment requirements, your spouse or domestic partner and dependents all qualify for enrollment in the Wellness Plan.
If you choose to enroll in the Samaritan Choice Basic or High-Deductible plans, you do not have any additional requirements to meet. However, your out-of-pocket costs will be higher. See 2014 plan comparison
New for 2014!
This year, we are expanding the opportunity to take advantage of a free biometric screening for your spouse
when you renew your enrollment in the Samaritan Choice Wellness Plan, or join for the first time. From blood pressure to blood sugar levels, knowing and understanding how the numbers compare to recommended levels is a smart step you both can take to help manage your health.
Your spouse’s participation in a screening held at one of the Samaritan facilities qualifies you for a $25 Wellness Bonus.
This is as an added benefit to you and your family, along with the lower premiums and other benefits you receive with the Samaritan Choice Wellness plan.
Read below for the enrollment instructions for the 2014 Wellness Plan. You can also view these instructions as a PDF
Step one: Schedule biometric screening, Oct. 1 - Nov. 6
Your first step is to schedule your biometric screening online between Oct. 1 and Nov. 6. The earlier you schedule, more options will be available! Click here to open scheduler
and then follow these instructions to create an account and schedule your 15-minute biometric screening, which includes height, weight, blood pressure, BMI, and lab work:
- Click “I am a new user”. Complete fields and click “Register”. Be sure to provide your email address if you wish to receive a confirmation email with your appointment date and time and a reminder email the day before your screening. NOTE: Save the user name and password you create in case you need to change your appointment.
- Select a time slot for an appointment and follow prompts to confirm appointment time. To change your appointment, log in to the scheduler, go to “Appointment” tab, then “Manage Appointment”. Follow prompts to edit your appointment. Use “reschedule” to change the time of your appointment at the same site. Use “cancel” to create a new appointment for a different site or date.
A step-by-step tutorial is available with more detailed instructions if you need further assistance. Instructions are also available to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
Step two: Complete your online self-assessment (employees only), NOW EXTENDED to midnight, Tues., Nov. 19
Complete your online health assessment questionnaire by midnight, Tues., Nov. 19 as step two in completing your enrollment requirements. This step is required of employees only
as part of your enrollment in the Samaritan Choice Wellness Plan for 2014. At this time, this option is not available for spouses.
Click here to open the Vivacity website that contains the questionnaire
and then follow these instructions:
- Click on the “Vivacity” button to activate and log in to your account. Click the “Activate Benefits” button under “First Time User” and follow the instructions. Note: When creating your password, be sure to start with a number followed by at least 6 letters to avoid experiencing an error.
- To complete your registration, you will enter your name, date of birth, gender and a user ID, which is SHS-xxxxx-00 (replace the x’s with your employee ID number from the back of your employee badge).
- Click on “Personal Health Assessment” link. Answer all questions within the questionnaire. If you do not have your biometric results, answer the biometric questions to the best of your ability. The results from your 2014 biometric screening will be imported into your Vivacity portal at a later date.
A step-by-step tutorial is available with more detailed instructions if you need further assistance.
Step three: Complete your biometric screening, Oct. 28 - Nov. 8
You have from Oct. 28 to Nov. 8 to complete your biometric screening. See dates and locations.
PLEASE NOTE: You will need to bring your employee ID to the screening. Your spouse will need to present their Samaritan Choice ID card.
2014 W E L L N E S S P L A N K E Y D A T E S
- Oct. 1—Scheduler opens: Schedule the best time and location for your biometric screening. The earlier you schedule, the better.
- Oct. 28—Biometrics/HRA open: You must bring your employee ID badge (or if you are a spouse, bring your Samaritan Choice ID card) to the screening.
- Nov. 4—Enrollment opens: Follow instructions provided to you by your HR department to enroll in your Samaritan employee benefits.
- Nov. 6—Scheduler closes: This is the last day to schedule an appointment for your biometric screening. Walk-in appointments are not guaranteed for Nov. 7 and 8.
- Nov. 8—Biometrics/HRA end: This is the last day to complete your biometric screening and online HRA. No other opportunities will be offered.
- Nov. 15—Enrollment closes: You must complete your enrollment for Samaritan employee benefits by this date. Follow instructions provided to you by your HR department to enroll in your Samaritan employee benefits.
Last modified: Nov. 12, 2013