Samaritan Choice Wellness PLUS benefit
For employees and spouses/domestic partners enrolled in the Samaritan Choice Wellness Plan, the Wellness PLUS benefit is intended to give you greater access to the health and wellness improvement activities you enjoy.
What is the Wellness PLUS benefit?
New for 2016, employees and their spouses or domestic partners will each receive $150 Samaritan Choice Wellness PLUS dollars
when they meet enrollment requirements and enroll in the 2016 Wellness Plan. This benefit is separate from the SHS Employee Wellness $300 benefit and cannot be combined with it.
What purchases are approved?
The following activities and purchases have been approved for Wellness PLUS reimbursement up to $150:
- New! Athletic shoes
- Fitness trackers
- SamFit punch cards for GroupX classes offered at any SamFit location
- Massage therapy provided by a licensed and/or certified massage therapist
- Personal training and health coaching provided by a certified personal trainer or health and wellness coach
- Individual race entry fees for fun runs, walks, 10Ks, marathons, triathlons, etc.
- Official, organized sport league entry fees
- Services and purchases at both Samaritan Heartspring Wellness Center locations (excludes medical services and co-payments)
Who is eligible for this benefit?
Employees and their spouses who:
- Completed a health risk assessment and biometric screening as part of the pre-enrollment for the 2016 Wellness Plan;
- Have successfully enrolled in the 2016 Wellness Plan.
Can the benefit be shared?
No. The benefit cannot be shared with family or friends. Purchases must be intended for use by the employee or spouse named on the reimbursement request. Neither can the benefit be combined by the employee and spouse.
Who is responsible for requesting reimbursement?
Employees must submit requests for themselves and their spouses/domestic partners. If the spouse/domestic partner is also a covered employee, the request must be made by the primary insurance subscriber
(this is the first person listed on your ID card).
What are the steps for submitting a request?
Reimbursement requests must be submitted through PeopleSoft on an annual basis. A separate request must be submitted for the employee and the spouse – do not combine requests. All required documentation must be submitted by Dec. 11, 2016 at 4 p.m. Follow these steps:
- Use Expense Reimbursement Request process in PeopleSoft to submit separate requests for employee and spouse. View Peoplesoft instructions.
- To complete the request, you will need to submit your receipts.
- By fax: Print your PeopleSoft coversheet and fax along with your receipts and your 10-digit expense report number to 541-768-9777,
- By email: Scan your receipts and email them along with your 10-digit expense report number to email@example.com.
- A credit will appear on your paycheck within two pay periods if your request is approved. This is a taxable benefit and will be reflected on your paystub.
Paper copies of these documents will no longer be accepted by Employee Wellness or SCP. All documentation must be submitted using the steps listed above. Falsifying forms will result in corrective action.
Last modified: Feb. 16, 2016