To fulfill its mission
of serving traveling patients and their families fairly and compassionately, Samaritan Health Services has developed policies to ensure consistency in the guest referral and check-in process.
Guests at the Mario Pastega House will be accepted according to the following minimum requirements:
- Guests will be patients or representatives of patients currently receiving services through Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center.
- Guests will have a referral from a medical staff member or other appropriate hospital staff (chaplain, social worker, discharge planner, etc.).
- Guests are able to care for their own health and personal care needs, or they have a companion who will stay and provide all necessary assistance.
- A room is available.
- Guests live 25 miles or more from Good Sam.
- Guests must present a valid photo ID upon registering.
- Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- All guests will be informed about, and encouraged to pay, the nightly room fee. However, no one will be turned away because of inability to pay.
- Pastega House staff will not provide guests with medical care or assistance with activities of daily living.
- Accommodations generally will be limited to one guest room for each GSRMC patient, with a maximum of two adults in each room.
- A portable crib will be available for accommodating an infant/toddler.
- Length of stay at the guest house generally will be limited to 30 consecutive days. However, special circumstances (for example, extended radiation therapy) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- If more requests are received than rooms are available, guest house staff will evaluate each situation and make the final determination, taking into consideration distance from home, other available accommodations, and the nature and length of the patient's illness.
- Those who have a critically ill patient in the hospital will receive higher priority than those with a pre/post procedure patient.