Visiting Hours and Information
Welcome to Samaritan Albany General Hospital. Our goal is to make patients and their loved ones as comfortable as possible while providing the highest quality medical care. Below you will find helpful information about visiting hours, the cafeteria, the hospital chapel and more.
Visitor restrictions take effect Mar. 17 for hospital maternity and pediatric units
To protect pediatric patients as well as mothers and their newborns from flu viruses circulating in our region, all Samaritan Health Services hospitals will limit visitors in birthing centers, beginning Thursday, Mar. 17. The restrictions will remain in place until the flu season is over.
Each new mom and pediatric patients will be allowed a total of four visitors during their hospital stay, and no visitors under the age of 12 will be allowed in the birthing centers or pediatric units unless they are healthy sibling of a newborn or pediatric patient. This means four designated visitors throughout the entire hospital stay, not simply four at a time. The designated support people need to be free of flu symptoms and carefully follow infection control guidelines, such as hand washing.
Visiting Hours and Guidelines
The support patients receive from visitors is an important aspect of their recovery. Our visiting guidelines are designed to be as flexible as possible while ensuring that patients get the rest they need.
Visitors must be free of illness, such as colds and flu. Visitors under age 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times, and may not be left to be cared for by a patient.
General visiting hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. with the following exceptions:
- Obstetric patients: General visiting hours are from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Pediatric patients: Parents may visit at any time and one parent is welcome to stay overnight with each pediatric patient.
- Intensive Care Unit: Visitation may be limited according to the condition of the patient. Please check with ICU staff prior to visiting.
- Palliative care patients and patients at the end of life: Family members and significant others may visit these patients at any time.
Our cafeteria is open to the public Monday to Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on weekends and holidays from 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Breakfast - Weekdays, 7 to 10:30 a.m.
- Weekends and holidays, 8 to 10:30 a.m.
- Lunch - 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. every day
- Dinner - Weekdays, 4:30 to 7 p.m.
- Weekends and holidays, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
An automatic teller machine is located next to the elevators for your convenience. The machine can process cash withdrawals only.
The gift shop is operated by the SAGH Auxiliary and is located on the first floor near the front entrance. The gift shop is open weekdays, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The shop features cards, snacks, magazines and a variety of gift ideas.
The hospital chapel is open 24 hours a day and is available to anyone. The chapel also features a variety of spiritual and inspirational reading materials.