The support you receive from visitors is an important aspect of your recovery. Our visiting guidelines are designed to be as flexible as possible while still giving you the rest you need. If you would like to limit or restrict visitors at any time, please tell your nurse.
- Visitors must be free of illness, such as colds and flu.
- Visitors under age 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times, and may not be left to be cared for by a patient.
General visiting hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. with the following exceptions:
- Obstetric patients: General visiting hours are from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Pediatric patients: Parents may visit at any time and one parent is welcome to stay overnight with each pediatric patient.
- Intensive Care Unit: Visitation may be limited according to the condition of the patient. Please check with ICU staff prior to visiting.
- Palliative care patients and patients at the end of life: Family members and significant others may visit these patients at any time.
The family lounge is open to family visitors who would like to freshen up or just spend some time away from the patient's room. It contains a bathroom and hand shower, a kitchenette with microwave oven and refrigerator, a TV/VCR and a table and chairs.
The hospital cafeteria, known as Rosie's Café, is open to the public from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., and midnight to 3 a.m.
Hot meals are served at Rosie's during the following hours:
- Breakfast: 6:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Lunch/dinner: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 to 7 p.m.
Beverage and snack vending machines are located in the cafeteria and in the lounge/waiting area of the Family Birth Center.
An Automated Teller Machine (ATM) is located near the main entrance of the hospital close to the gift shop.
The Caring Corner, operated by the SLCH Auxiliary, is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Offered as a service to patients, their families and visitors, and the hospital staff, the shop features a variety of gift items, as well as fresh flowers, cards and snacks.
The hospital Chapel is open 24 hours a day and is available to anyone. If you wish to see a chaplain, contact the Patient Care Coordinator.