Visiting Hours and Information
Welcome to Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital. Our goal is to make patients and their loved ones as comfortable as possible while providing the highest quality medical care. Below you will find helpful information about visiting hours, the cafeteria, the gift shop and billing office.
Visitor restrictions take effect Jan. 15 for hospital maternity and pediatric units
To protect pediatric patients as well as mothers and their newborns from flu viruses circulating in our region, all Samaritan Health Services hospitals will limit visitors in birthing centers, beginning Thursday, Jan. 15. The restrictions will remain in place until the flu season is over.
Each new mom and pediatric patients will be allowed a total of four visitors during their hospital stay, and no visitors under the age of 12 will be allowed in the birthing centers or pediatric units unless they are healthy sibling of a newborn or pediatric patient. This means four designated visitors throughout the entire hospital stay, not simply four at a time. The designated support people need to be free of flu symptoms and carefully follow infection control guidelines, such as hand washing.
Visiting Hours and Guidelines
The support patients receive from visitors is an important aspect of their recovery. Our visiting guidelines are designed to be as flexible as possible while ensuring that patients get the rest they need. Visitors must be free of illness, such as colds and flu. Visitors under age 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times, and may not be left to be cared for by a patient.
General visiting hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. with the following exceptions:
- Obstetric patients: General visiting hours are from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Pediatric patients: Parents may visit at any time and one parent is welcome to stay overnight with each pediatric patient.
- Intensive Care Unit: Visitation may be limited according to the condition of the patient. Please check with ICU staff prior to visiting.
- Palliative care patients and patients at the end of life: Family members and significant others may visit these patients at any time.
- The Birthing Center is a secure unit. To enter, press the button on the intercom outside the door and talk with a nurse.
- To enter the Intensive Care Unit, pick up the red phone to talk with a nurse.
The hospital cafeteria is located on the main floor at the north end of the west wing. Beverage and vending machines are in that area for after-hours service.
Meals are served during the following hours:
Breakfast - Weekdays, 7:30 to 9 a.m.
Weekends and holidays, 8 to 8:45 a.m.
Lunch - Weekdays, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Weekends and holidays, noon to 1 p.m. Dinner - 6 to 7:30 p.m. every day
The gift shop is operated by the SPCH Auxiliary and is located in the main lobby. The gift shop is open weekdays, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The shop features cards, snacks and other gift ideas.
Our business office is currently located next to Highway 101 and Ninth Street, which was formerly the Apple Peddler Restaurant. Business hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.