If you are associated with Samaritan and are interested in obtaining a grant to support your research or health promotion activity, we can help.
One-stop shop for assistance with:
- Independent and collaborative health research
- Industry-sponsored and independent clinical trial research
- Quality assessment and performance improvement
- Evaluation of community-based health programs
- ScanGrants funding opportunity alerts
- Networking to identify potential research and program partners
- Program and project development
- Research and evaluation design
- Grant writing
- Budget development
- Review of terms and conditions
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) review
- Collection of SHS approvals and signatures
- Submission of application/proposal
- Tracking and evaluating project implementation
- Management of project budget
- Preparation of quarterly and annual reports
- Publication and other dissemination of findings
- ResearchRaven alerts for calls for papers
Strategic coordination of sponsored research and programs is an important function of the Center. Because all letters of intent, applications and proposals for externally sponsored activities are tracked, it ensures that SHS applicants are not unwittingly competing against one another for the same funding.
All applications and proposals for external funding are reviewed to ensure consistency with the SHS mission and feasibility in terms of budget and organizational capacity.
Organizational signatures and submission
SHS has formal signatory processes for all requests for external funding. These processes vary depending upon the amount of funding requested and the location of the proposed project. Center associates assist applicants in obtaining appropriate signatures on funding proposals and preparing the final packet of materials for submission to the funder.
The Center assigns a "coach" to provide ongoing support throughout the life of each sponsored project. SHS researchers and program developers -- and their funders -- can be confident that sponsored activities are supported to ensure success and monitored to ensure compliance.