If you or someone you love has been diagnosed with cancer, or if you are interested in cancer prevention, the Samaritan Cancer Resource Center is here to help.
Whatever your needs may be, we are here to make sure you get the information and support you deserve. We are your place for cancer support: information, rejuvenation and connection. We offer:
- A cancer information library with books, DVDs, and CDs available for check-out
- Online access to Samaritan's health library Public Internet search stations
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff who will keep your information needs private
- A calendar full of classes
- Education and outreach within the community
- Free consultation with a dietitian
- Mini facials, make-up and skin care products American Cancer Society's Look Good Feel Better program
- Massage therapy
- Licensed professionals to assist and pamper you
- Healing garden
- Stress management through yoga for cancer, caregivers self-care, art therapy and mind-body workshops
Sign up to receive our monthly event calendar! Call us at 541-812-5888 or
- Support groups
- Referrals to local services and resources
- Cancer survivor networking opportunities
- Linking you to the support of professional: chaplains, dietitians, medical insurance specialists, pharmaceutical counselors, social workers or counselors
- Financial assistance
- Transportation assistance
send us an email.
How you can help
The center needs volunteers to:
- Greet and direct patients as they enter the building
- Provide library and computer assistance
- Staff the salon (license required)
- Guide imaging patients to their rooms
To learn more about volunteering, please call 541-812-4185 or email email@example.com
We are located in the Samaritan Medical and Diagnostics Center
in North Albany.
400 Hickory St. NW
Albany, Oregon 97321
541-812-5888 or 1-877-311-4686
Hours: Weekdays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Interim director: Stephanie Hagerty, 541-812-4704
To learn about how you can make contributions to support the center and its mission, please call the Albany General Hospital Foundation at 541-812-4702. For all other inquires, please call 541-812-5888 or email us.