Call the house at 541-812-4663
As one of only three hospice houses in Oregon, Samaritan Evergreen Hospice House is an in-patient facility serving patients who are near end of life. We are a local, not-for-profit hospice that has served area communities for nearly 30 years.
Most patients prefer to spend their final days in their own homes, and Samaritan Evergreen Hospice strongly supports that goal. For some patients, however, our hospice house offers a place where their symptoms can be better managed.
Offering end-of-life care… in our home, or yours
On any given day, we have more than 50 staff and 45 volunteers who regularly care for the dying where they live, whether that be in a home, apartment, assisted living facility, nursing home or adult foster care home. To learn more about our in-home hospice care, call 541-812-4662.
When given the choice between staying in a hospital at end-of-life or in a home-like setting such as our hospice house, most people choose to stay with us. As part of Samaritan Health Services, we offer seamless coordination with other medical providers.
Respite care for families
We also provide respite care, giving family caregivers a break from the strain of providing care. Samaritan Evergreen Hospice House does not serve patients on a residential or long-term basis; the average length of stay is less than a week.
Our house offers:
• 24/7 care for patients
• 24/7 visitation by family
• Progressive pain management techniques
• Comfort care
• Daily physician visits for patients having symptom-control issues
• Registered nurse case managers certified in hospice and palliative care
• Consultations with physical, occupational and speech-language therapists
• Massage therapy
• Visits by musicians
• Individual counseling for family members by a licensed provider
• Grief support groups
• Assistance with transportation arrangements for patients leaving facilities
• Wound and ostomy care by a specially certified registered nurse
• Pet therapy program