The International Travel Clinic at Samaritan Infectious Disease provides pre-travel advice to prospective travelers in order to help prevent travel-related infections and other travel-related problems. Up-to-date infectious diseases and related resources are used to provide itinerary-specific recommendations and vaccinations.
Pre-travel counseling is available by appointment. To make an appointment, call (541) 768-5810. Please schedule your appointment at least one month before planned departure. The International Travel Clinic is located inside Samaritan Infectious Disease on the campus of Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center in Corvallis. Please complete the pre-travel form and bring it with you to your appointment.
During your appointment we will:
- Review your itinerary
- Discuss ways to prevent food and water-borne illnesses such as:
- Hepatitis A
- Traveler's diarrhea
- Typhoid fever
- Discuss ways to avoid insect-borne illnesses such as:
- Dengue fever
- Yellow fever
- Japanese encephalitis
- Discuss any other endemic bacterial, parasitic or viral infectious unique to your itinierary
- Administer appropriate vaccinations (including yellow fever)
- Discuss the physical safety and political environment of your destination