The Mark G. Collson Birthing Center at Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital offers a broad range of programs and services to women of all ages in an atmosphere of caring, trust and respect. Because each birthing experience is a special and unique event, it is our goal to provide a medically safe environment in an atmosphere that will have a warm memory forever attached.
Family and friends are welcome to visit new mothers from 2 to 8 p.m. daily. Click here for more information about visiting the hospital.
We provide a comprehensive childbirth education program for parents. Learn a variety of options for labor and delivery, relaxation and breathing, new baby care, breastfeeding and supportive labor coaching techniques. Call the birthing center for more information at (541) 574-1826. Our nurses are also proficient in lactation education and can help you with your breastfeeding needs. If you have questions after you return home, you are invited to call the birthing center.
Some of our features and services include:
- Comprehensive childbirth education program
- Progressive labor epidural service
- Four birthing suites designed in a homelike setting
- Each spacious room features a full bathroom, complete with a Jacuzzi
- Every room is designed so that the father or one support person can spend the night
- Our nurses can help you with your breastfeeding needs
- Special services and counseling are available to provide emotional support for needs arising from family changes, medical care for your baby, or perinatal loss
- A hospital chaplain is available for spiritual needs
- Your safety and the safety of your baby is very important to us -- we are a secured unit
Come take a virtual tour of our birthing suites.