Each private, well-appointed room in our newly remodeled Women’s Center features sweeping views of the valley. It’s a beautiful place to welcome a new life into the world.
Where you choose to deliver your baby is one of the most important decisions you can make. We believe that every birth experience is a special and unique event! Women who have their babies at the Women's Center at Samaritan Albany General Hospital experience labor, delivery and recovery in an atmosphere of caring and warmth in a medically safe environment.
Because we know how important it is for you to be with friends and family at this special time, there is also room for the father or your support person to spend the night with you. And our staff is dedicated to taking the best care of you and your new baby throughout your stay.
The Women's Center also provides a comprehensive Maternity Care Coordinator program to help customize your birth experience and care for you and your baby. A complete education series covering prenatal to postpartum, including sibling and breastfeeding classes, are available to all of our expectant families. Many classes are available in Spanish.
Family and friends are welcome to visit new mothers from 2 to 8 p.m. daily. Click here for more information about visiting the hospital.
Just a few of our features and services:
- Candlelit spa rooms with Jacuzzi tubs make for a soothing place to relax during labor or after delivering
- Free WiFi internet; data ports in each room
- Progressive labor epidural service
- Fully remodeled private rooms
- Comfortable, convertible couch-to-beds for your support person to spend the night
- Flat screen TVs in each room with DVD player
- Video web cams available for out-of-area loved ones to share the birth experience
- Secure, locked center with electronic umbilical, ankle and wrist id/alarms on babies
- C-section suite with state-of-the-art equipment
- Lullaby played throughout the entire hospital once your baby is born to welcome him or her to the world
- Delicious "celebration meal" for new mom and a guest
- Moms are pampered and served a beautiful meal with sparkling cider before discharge
For more information or to arrange your free tour, call us today at (541) 812-4340.
Take a tour of our fully remodeled birthing suites!