Learn more at the next Healthy Minds, Healthy Bodies seminar at Samaritan Albany General Hospital, on Wednesday, April 16 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the hospital’s third-floor conference rooms A and B. Jeffrey Lear, MD, of Samaritan Evergreen Hospice, will lead a discussion on how best to plan for end-of-life.
- Many of us are overwhelmed by the decisions to make, but Dr. Lear will break down the tasks into manageable portions, answering questions such as:
- Where do I start?
- What is an advance directive — and do I need one?
- How can I control my end-of-life care if I can’t speak for myself?
- What is hospice care, and why would I ever need a hospice house?
- I’m afraid; it’s all so unknown!