With this implementation, patients can now also securely access their own health information online using the new, user-friendly patient portal, MyChart.
All Samaritan patients are encouraged to sign up for MyChart the next time they visit the doctor’s office, so they can benefit from the many useful and convenient features.
With MyChart, patients can:
• Review current medications, allergies list and immunization history
• Review vital statistics such as height, weight, blood pressure and heart rate
• Download medical records
• Get lab and diagnostic imaging results
• Pay bills online
• Send secure messages or questions to clinics and care providers
• Make, view or change appointments
• Fill out health questionnaires before appointments
• Read about current health issues and review the patient chart summary
The work of implementing the electronic medical record is by no means over, especially for those clinics that most recently launched the Epic system in August.
“We are excited to be able to offer Samaritan patients digital access to their health information,” said Elizabeth Lincoln, MD, chief medical information officer for Samaritan Health Services. “We would like to express our gratitude for everyone’s patience and understanding as we have worked to make this happen.”
For more information about the online patient portal visit samhealth.org/MyChart, and ask about signing up for MyChart at your next clinic visit.