The Willamette Valley is ’Peach Central’ during the summer months, as several different varieties of peaches are grown in the valley. Peaches are ready for picking throughout July and August.
Peaches are loaded with vitamins, nutrients and fiber. They’re a great addition to your cereal and yogurt in the morning, fruit salads for lunch and dinner, and they’re a healthy dessert on their own. Pick up some fresh peaches today from the grocery store or your local farm stand.
What’s So Great About Peaches?
- They’re a good source of potassium, fiber, vitamin A and C
- They’re low in calories
- They’re grown and available locally in mid-summer
What’s The Best Way to Eat Peaches?
- Add sliced peaches to cereal
- Make a smoothie with peaches, bananas and ice
- Mix with low-fat cottage cheese
- Pack fresh peaches for a snack or lunch
- Grill peach halves with barbecued chicken