Corn is a fun late-summer veggie, especially when it’s grilled on the cob. It’s a good source of fiber and antioxidants, and it mixes well with other ingredients in soups and salads.
Check out your local farm stand or farmers market today for fresh local corn!
What’s so great about corn?
- It’s a good source of fiber and antioxidants.
- Fresh corn is low in sodium.
- Corn may lower your risk of heart disease and certain types of cancers.
What’s the best way to eat corn?
- Fresh on the cob.
- Mix in salad and salsas.
- Add to soups and chowders.
- Combine with beans and tomatoes in a burrito.