The Samaritan Lebanon Community Hospital Auxiliary is now accepting applications for its scholarship program for students pursuing a health care-related career. Deadline to apply is Friday, March 10.
The auxiliary will grant five $1,000 student scholarships this spring. Those eligible to apply must have a permanent address in east Linn County and be enrolled, and actively attending classes, in a program awarding a degree in a health care-related field.
Applications are available at the Volunteer Services office located at the hospital, 525 N. Santiam Hwy. Applicants must also submit the following, along with their application:
- An official transcript including Fall Term 2016 grades.
- A one- to two-page typed statement discussing why you are pursuing a degree in a health field and what your goals are.
- A completed Cost and Resource Estimate Work Sheet.
- Please explain any special circumstances, which will help the Scholarship Committee make a fair evaluation (optional).
- A letter of recommendation signed and dated.
Recipients will be notified by Friday, March 31.