Asparagus is such an excellent mid-spring crop that May is National Asparagus Month to celebrate!
This veggie can be prepared several ways, from grilling it to roasting it in the oven to steaming it or sautéing it on the stove. Any which way you prepare it, you’re adding a healthy amount of vitamins A and C, as well as folate and potassium to your meal.
Pick up some asparagus today from your local grocery store or farm stand.
What’s so great about asparagus?
- May is National Asparagus Month
- Asparagus means spring is here!
- Low fat, low calorie food
- Good source of vitamins A, C, folate and potassium
What’s the best way to eat asparagus?
- Grilled during the summer
- Lightly steamed and chopped in a green salad or pasta salad
- Sautéed in a stir fry