Berries are the Pick of the Month for July, because several types of berries grow in Oregon and because most of them are ripe now!
Loaded with vitamins, nutrients and flavor, berries make a great addition to any meal. Add them to your cereal and salads, or eat them as a snack!
Stop by your local grocery store or farm stand for some fresh berries today.
What’s so great about berries?
- Berries are packed with fiber, antioxidants and vitamin C.
- They’re free of sodium, cholesterol and fat, and low in calories.
- They contain antioxidants which help lower your risk of certain cancers and heart disease.
What’s the best way to eat them?
- Eat them fresh or frozen with no added sugar.
- Mix berries with salad greens.
- Puree them in a smoothie or mix into yogurt parfait.
- Add berries to cereal, or mix into overnight oats.