Watermelon isn’t just a sweet, refreshing summer treat. It’s also a great source of vitamins and an antioxidant that helps prevent cancer!
Stop by your local grocery store or farmers’ market today to pick up a fresh watermelon for your summer meals.
What’s so great about watermelon?
- Watermelon is a great source of vitamins A, B6 and C, as well as water.
- It has more lycopene, an antioxidant that might prevent cancer, than any other fruit or vegetable.
- It’s considered a fruit and a vegetable!
What’s the best way to eat watermelon?
- Eat it fresh – sliced, cubed or in a fruit kabob.
- Puree or juice the melon to retain all nutritional value and use overripe melons.
- Roast the seeds.
- Stir-fry, stew or pickle the rind.