Butternut squash is one of the sweeter squashes. Its pulp is easy to work with, and it’s loaded with vitamins!
Pick some butternut squash up today for your holiday meals.
What’s so great about butternut squash?
- Butternut squash is high in vitamins C, A and beta-carotene.
- The sweet flavor can be used in meals or desserts.
What’s the best way to eat butternut squash?
- Butternut squash can be easily peeled, diced and roasted with olive oil and pepper.
- Mash up leftovers and freeze.
- Microwave by cutting into smaller pieces, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes per pound.
- Add to stews or soups.