New parents in east Linn County, who might wonder what resources are available for their baby’s growth and development, and for them as parents, are invited to the annual Baby Blast open house on Thursday, Feb. 22.
Baby Blast, a free baby shower-themed event, will take place from 1 to 3 p.m. at Samaritan Lebanon Community Hospital, conference rooms B-C. Parents of newborns are invited to drop in at any point during the event.
Sponsored by the hospital, Linn-Benton Community College and the Parenting Success Network, Baby Blast combines the fun of a baby shower with free health checks for babies. Representatives from several services in Lebanon and Sweet Home will be on hand with information about their services.
Prizes, healthy snacks and other refreshments will be available. Services with information at Baby Blast will include:
- Childhood dental information
- Growing Family Birth Center
- Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education
- Early Learning Hub of Linn, Benton and Lincoln counties
- Family Tree Relief Nursery
- Kidco Early Head Start
- Lebanon Community Pool
- Lebanon Community School District
- Lebanon and Sweet Home public libraries
- Linn-Benton Community College, Family Connections
- Linn-Benton Community College, Parenting Education/Parenting Success Network
- Linn-Benton Healthy Families - Home Visiting Program (Old Mill Center for Children and Families)
- Linn County Public Health programs (WIC, Babies First, Cacoon)
- Mid-Valley Doula Network
- Pregnancy Alternatives Center
- Samaritan Health Services physician clinics in east Linn County
- Samaritan Medical Supplies
- Sweet Home Pregnancy Care Center
For more information, call Public Relations at 541-451-7161.