Blueberries are one of the Willamette Valley’s best crops. They’re delicious and they’re a nutritional powerhouse. Check your farm stands and pick some up as soon as they’re available!
What’s so great about blueberries?
- They’re rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, folate and fiber.
- They come in several varieties, large to small, sweet to tart.
- They may lower risk of certain cancers, and help reduce blood pressure and cholesterol.
What’s the best way to eat them?
- Just as they are, for a healthy snack.
- Add to salads, smoothies and yogurt. Use cooked in muffins, waffles and hot cereals.