Mushrooms are an excellent source of vitamin D, potassium and other nutrients. They come in several sizes, and they can go with a side dish or be used as a meat substitute. Pick some up today!
What’s so great about mushrooms?
- They’re a good source of potassium and selenium.
- Mushrooms are one of the few non-fortified food sources of vitamin D.
- They’re an easy substitute for red meat: Portabella or shiitake mushrooms provide meat-like texture and flavor.
What’s the best way to eat mushrooms?
- Sauté them
- Grill large-capped mushrooms
- Roast by themselves or with other veggies
- Use a portabella mushroom instead of meat on a burger for a yummy vegetarian meal!