Winter squash is more than just pumpkins and butternut squash. Several varieties are grown in the Willamette Valley, and they’re all in season now.
Squash are loaded with vitamins and nutrients, and they can be added to any meal. Pick some up today!
What’s so great about winter squash?
- It’s nutrient-dense with multiple carotenoids, which are converted in the body to vitamin A
- It’s rich in fiber, B vitamins, potassium, magnesium and antioxidants
- Squash is easily used in sweet or savory recipes
What’s the best way to eat winter squash?
- Roast squash seeds with spices
- Add squash puree to your favorite meals (oatmeal, shakes, yogurt)
- Use it to replace some of the butter or oil in baked goods
- Add it to stews or soups