In December, the Samaritan Pacific Walk-in Clinic in Newport will move to a new location on the campus of Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital (SPCH) to make room for the second phase of construction on the new hospital project. From Monday, Dec. 3 through Tuesday, Dec. 18, the modular unit housing the clinic will be disassembled, moved and reassembled. During that time, clinic staff will see walk-in patients inside the SamCare Mobile Medicine bus parked on Ninth Street, at the south end of the hospital.
“We know that moving the Walk-in Clinic is an inconvenience to our patients, and we apologize for that. Unfortunately, to move a modular unit of this size requires a lot of steps and those cannot be accomplished overnight. However, we are pleased that patients can still access care at the mobile medicine van during this time, as well as utilize two of our primary care clinics for walk-in care,” said Lesley Ogden, MD, Chief Executive Officer.
The dates of the moves and related closures are as follows:
• Saturday, Dec. 1, Walk-in Clinic closed.
• Sunday, Dec. 2, Walk-in Clinic closed.
• Monday, Dec. 3, Walk-in Clinic reopens inside the SamCare Mobile Medicine bus on Ninth Street, at the south end of the hospital, next to the helipad.
• Wednesday, Dec. 19, Walk-in Clinic closed for move back into the modular.
• Thursday, Dec. 20, Walk-in Clinic reopens in its modular at its new location of 740 SW Ninth St., in the parking lot of the Center for Health Education.
The clinic must be moved because it is currently sitting in the middle of what will soon be a construction zone. Once the clinic is moved to the parking lot of the Center for Health Education, it will remain there for at least a year while the second phase of construction on the new hospital takes place.
During the three weeks in December, patients needing walk-in care can visit the SamCare Mobile Medicine bus seven days a week, from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Also, patients can receive walk-in care weekdays at Samaritan Waldport Clinic, 920 SW Range Drive, in Waldport, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Samaritan Depoe Bay Clinic, 531 N. Hwy. 101, in Depoe Bay, from 2 to 5 p.m. Also, the hospital Emergency Department is always open.
If you need additional information, call the clinic at 541-574-4860.