To kick off Pick of the Month for 2019, here’s a fun fact about potatoes: They’re an excellent source of vitamin C! So pick some up today to bake, mash or roast for your winter meals.
What’s so Great About Potatoes?
- They’re an excellent source of vitamin C
- They’re also a source of potassium
- From red fingerlings to petite purples – they are available in a variety of colors, shapes and sizes
What’s the Best Way to Eat Potatoes?
- Grilled with oil and herbs
- Baked or Roasted
- Mashed (for more fiber - leave the skin on)
- Make it a meal with a healthy potato bar!