New parents in east Linn County, who might wonder what resources are available for their baby’s growth and development, and for them as parents, are invited to the annual Baby Blast open house on Thursday, Feb. 21.
Baby Blast, a free baby shower-themed event, will take place from 1 to 3 p.m. at Samaritan Lebanon Community Hospital, conference rooms B-C. Parents of newborns and toddlers are invited to drop in at any point during the event.
Sponsored by the hospital, Linn-Benton Community College and the Parenting Success Network, Baby Blast combines the fun of a baby shower with free health checks for babies. Representatives from several services in Lebanon and Sweet Home will be on hand with information about their services.
Prizes, healthy snacks and other refreshments will be available. Types of services with information at Baby Blast will include:
- Samaritan Health Services pediatric, OB/GYN and family practice physicians
- Linn-Benton Community College, Family Resource and Education Center
- Pediatric dental health
- Community libraries
- Medical supplies
- Linn County public health services
- Prenatal services and parental counseling
- Early learning programs
- Physical activities and recreation opportunities