Black beans are an excellent, low-cost source of protein, fiber and several other nutrients. They’re fat-free and they go well in just about any meal, so pick some up today!
What’s so great about black beans?
- They’re high in fiber—a half-cup serving provides about 25 percent daily fiber needs.
- They have high levels of potassium, magnesium, zinc, B vitamins and iron.
- They’re free of sodium, cholesterol, and fat.
- Beans are a cost-effective protein option.
What’s the best way to eat black beans?
- Add cooked beans to soups or salads.
- Beans work well with rice, in pasta and casserole dishes.
- Substitute beans for meat in tacos and burritos.