To qualify, applicants must currently be attending college, majoring in a medical field and be a resident of Albany, Jefferson, Millersburg or Tangent. Students must be attending classes in their program at the time of scholarship application.
To apply, please submit a packet including the following information:
• An official transcript including fall term 2018 grades.
• A one-to-two-page typed statement discussing why you are pursuing a degree in a medical field and your intended goals.
• A completed application form, along with a cost and resource estimate worksheet.
• A letter of recommendation signed and dated.
• Please explain any special circumstances, which will help the Scholarship Committee make a fair evaluation (optional).
Completed applications, including transcripts, will be accepted starting Feb. 25, 2019. Applications must be received by the committee no later than March 25, 2019. Five - $1000 scholarships will be awarded and announced in April.
Please visit samhealth.org/Scholarships to download an application and worksheet. For more information, please contact Nichole Chamberlain at 541-812-4185.