We normally think of rhubarb in baked goods with strawberries, but this fruit is a great addition to salads, smoothies, jams and compotes as well! Given its tart flavor, it pairs well with other sweet fruits like peaches and apples.
Rhubarb is also an excellent source of potassium, vitamin K and other nutrients, so pick some up today!
What’s so great about rhubarb?
- It’s low in calories and sodium and high in potassium.
- A one-cup serving provides 30 to 40 percent of the daily value of vitamin K.
- It’s rich in nutrients – more than 42 types of phytonutrients and chemicals are found in rhubarb.
What’s the best way to eat rhubarb?
- Pair it with sweet fruits like strawberries, peaches or apples for sweet-tart balance when using in desserts.
- Dice or slice it to add tartness in smoothies, spring soups or salads.
- Cook it into a compote, sauce or jam.