If you’re a chicken salad fan and enjoy the creamy goodness of avocado you will love this healthy take on an old favorite.
Greek yogurt helps lower the overall calories, while bell pepper adds a nice crunch. Cilantro and lime juice provide an unexpected zing that will perk up your taste buds and have you adding this recipe to your list of favorites!
- 2 cups shredded chicken (about 10 oz shredded*)
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 of a green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
Prep1. Shred chicken, chop bell pepper and cilantro.
Mix it Up2. Add the chopped avocado to a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle it with the lime juice, salt, pepper and garlic powder. The lime juice and salt help keep the avocado from browning.
Add the cilantro, bell pepper and shredded chicken to the avocado and mix until everything is evenly blended. Add the yogurt and mayonnaise, stirring until ingredients are well coated.