Radishes are a super mid-spring Pick of the Month. They add tartness to your salads and hot dishes, they grow easily in your garden and they have nutrients that might help prevent cancer.
Pick some up today!
What’s so great about radishes?
- Radishes have sulfur-containing compounds that have been studied for cancer prevention.
- They are a root vegetable and have a spicy, occasionally bitter taste; and a crisp crunchy texture.
- Radishes are easy to grow at home and also available year round in grocery stores in several varieties.
What’s the best way to eat radishes?
- Slice or shave radishes for a green or vegetable salads
- Add to sandwiches or tacos for a crisp, peppery taste
- Grill or pan roast radishes to mellow the taste and bring out their natural sweetness