Strawberries have been called “America’s favorite fruit,” for many reasons. Not only are they sweet and delicious, they’re also packed with important nutrients.
Strawberries may lower your risk of heart disease and certain cancers, and they’re a great addition to any meal. Pick some up today from your local farm stand or grocery store.
What’s So Great About Strawberries?
- They’re packed with fiber, potassium, antioxidants and vitamin C: Eight strawberries contain more vitamin C than an orange.
- They’re free of sodium, cholesterol and fat, and low in calories.
What’s the Best Way to Eat Strawberries?
- Fresh is best, or buy frozen with no added sugar.
- Serve as a snack.
- Add to salads and smoothies.
- Mix with other fruits for a healthy dessert.