Cherries are ripe in Oregon and they’re delicious! Along with their flavor, they pack a good amount of vitamin C and antioxidants.
Eat them right off the tree, cook them into a sauce, or bake them into a pie. Pick some up today!
What’s so great about cherries?
- They’re a good source of vitamin C, potassium and other nutrients with anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- They’re good for your heart health and can help with gout and arthritis.
- Cherries are one of the few fruits with melatonin, an antioxidant linked to sleep regulation.
What’s the best way to eat cherries?
- Add cherries to both fruit and vegetable salads.
- Make into a sweet or savory sauce to enhance a variety of foods – everything from sundaes to salmon.