- 1 cup of cold water
- 2 tablespoons of cold water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1-1/2 cups of gum-free and gluten-free flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups strained ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- juice of one lemon and zest to taste
- small bundle of chives or green onions
- one clove of garlic
Make the Crepes
1. Mix the crepe ingredients together in a bowl. Let sit for 15 minutes to allow the ingredients to incorporate and thicken. This is an important step for success. The batter should have the consistency of half and half (think: thicker than milk, but thinner than heavy cream).
2. Heat frying pan on high until very hot, spray it with an oil spray (or add melted butter). Using a soup ladle or 1/4 measuring cup, pour a small amount of batter into the pan, rolling the pan from side-to-side to evenly cover the bottom of the pan with a thin layer of batter. (See the video for technique.)
3. Let the crepe cook until it bubbles and is a light-golden, then flip it over and cook until the other side browns similarly.
Tip: To flip a crepe like a pro, use a spatula to quickly loosen the crepe around its circumference, gradually reaching towards the center until it releases from the pan.
Make the Filling
Strain the ricotta in a cheesecloth, then split into two equal portions.
For the sweet filling: add powdered sugar, chopped cranberries, and the juice and lemon zest. Mix thoroughly.
For the savory filling: add chopped green onions or chives, minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly.
Fill each crepe with your desired filling. For the sweet crepes, top with a light drizzle of lemon juice and a dusting of powdered sugar. For the savory crepes, garnish with green onion or chives.