Pumpkins are for more than pie! Like other squash, they can be baked, roasted or added to other dishes like pastas and soups. They are an excellent source of beta carotene, which the body converts to vitamin A.
Their seeds are a great snack, loaded with fiber and protein.
Pick some up today!
What’s so great about pumpkins?
- They are an excellent source of beta carotene which is converted into vitamin A.
- The seeds contain fiber, protein and heart-healthy fats.
- They are easily used in sweet or savory recipes.
What’s the best way to eat pumpkins?
- Add to stews, soups, chili or pasta dishes.
- Replace butter with pureed pumpkin in baked goods.
- Roast pumpkin seeds with oil and spices.