To protect patients and reduce exposure to viruses circulating in our community, Samaritan Health Services has put the following visitor restrictions in place until further notice.
Visitor restrictions, for all patients in all Samaritan-affiliated hospitals, will include:
- No visitors under the age of 12
- No visitors with fever or respiratory symptoms, such as cough or shortness of breath
- Each patient will be allowed two designated visitors - not simply two visitors at a time - during their stay
The best defense against all viruses, both at hospitals and in the community, is to avoid exposure through the following basic hygiene and infection control measures:
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or upper sleeve.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently and regularly, or use alcohol-based hand sanitizers when soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
If you are sick, stay home.
For more information, call 211 or visit these resources: