Last month, the Lebanon Community Hospital Foundation Board of Trustees awarded $154,200 in allocations to Samaritan Lebanon Community Hospital departments and off-site facilities. The allocations will go toward renovations, patient care programs and equipment.
The allocations match dollar-for-dollar the amount employees pledge in the Samaritan Employee Caring Campaign each October. Employees pledged $131,535 in the 2019 campaign and the foundation went beyond that amount with the 2020 allocations.
Departments receiving allocations include:
- Samaritan Lebanon Health Center - Occupational Medicine: Audiogram
- Wound Care: Patient chairs and a Hoyer lift
- Samaritan Family Medicine - Brownsville: Bariatric exam table
- Samaritan Sweet Home Physical Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine: Recumbent bicycle
- Girod Birth Center: Phototherapy lights
- Samaritan Evergreen Hospice House: Bedside tables
- Emergency Department: 360 degree cameras
- Registration: iPads
- Critical Care Unit: Vital sign monitors
The Foundation also provided critical funding for programs such as the Power of Produce, the ArtsCare program, Reach Out and Read, patient support, cancer support groups and hospital clothing closets.
“We received a record number of requests to the Foundation in 2020,” said Brandy O’Bannon, foundation executive director. “We are grateful to our staff for advocating for patient and department needs, and to our community whose annual support makes these allocations possible. These investments will improve patient experience and support our mission of building healthier communities together.”
For more information about the allocations or the Samaritan Employee Caring Campaign, call the Foundation at 541-451-6303.
Learn more about Foundation activities in your area.