The ongoing wildfires across Oregon are impacting Samaritan patients, employees, their families and other individuals in the Samaritan service area. This is in addition to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, which continues to impact Samaritan patients and employees.
Samaritan Foundations is providing assistance to affected individuals, and you can help. Contributions to the following assistance programs are most welcomed:
- Employee Emergency Assistance to help Samaritan employees who have been devastated by the wildfires through loss of homes or evacuation or are adversely impacted by COVID-19 exposure.
- Patient Supportto help patients with unmet medical needs, such as medical transportation, prescriptions and nutritional support. Visit samhealth.org/Giving to make a gift to either of these funds at your local foundation.
- Samaritan Emergency Relief to help Samaritan Health Services respond to emergent needs related to extreme emergencies. This fund recently supported 200 Powered Air Purifying Respirators for use at Samaritan-affiliated hospitals in Albany, Corvallis, Lebanon, Lincoln City and Newport, a new COVID-19 antibody research study, and significantly increased COVID-19 testing capacity. Make a gift to the Samaritan Emergency Relief fund today.
For those who are impacted by these recent events, these resources might be helpful:
- Samaritan offers MyChart E-Visits, video or, in some cases, telephone visits. Learn more about Telehealth Visits.
- Stay informed about COVID-19 by getting information from trusted sources such as the Oregon Health Authority and our Samaritan COVID-19 website.
- The SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline provides emotional support to anyone experiencing distress related to disasters.
“All of us at Samaritan Health Services and Samaritan Foundations care deeply about your health and safety and about our local communities,” said Taylor Gilmour, assistant vice president of central operations for Samaritan Foundations. “As a nonprofit health care provider, we do not turn anyone away for inability to pay or insurance type. Thank you for all you are doing to help our communities respond and meet the needs of all those affected by the pandemic and unprecedented wildfires.”
Contact one of Samaritan’s site-based foundations at the numbers below:
- Samaritan Foundations Central Office: 1-844-768-4256
- Albany General Hospital Foundation: 541-812-4705
- Good Samaritan Hospital Foundation: 541-768-4236
- Lebanon Community Hospital Foundation: 541-451-7063
- North Lincoln Hospital Foundation: 541-996-7102
- Pacific Communities Health District Foundation: 541-574-4912