Throughout 2020, Samaritan Health Services honored seven employees with the prestigious Ignite award. This honor is Samaritan’s highest recognition of outstanding employees who demonstrate Samaritan PRIDE (Passion, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence) in their work every day.
Those employees are:
- David Gray, Environmental Services at Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital.
- Cheryl Lewis, RN, Social Services/Case Management at Samaritan Lebanon Community Hospital.
- Kathy Davis, RN, Labor & Delivery at Samaritan Albany General Hospital.
- Christine Gartner, RN, clinic valve program coordinator at Samaritan Cardiology.
- Sadie Peterson, community health worker at Samaritan Health Plans Operations.
- Sheri Phillips, MLS, infection preventionist at Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center.
- Quyen Merbs, intern at Elm Street Pharmacy in Albany.
The award was established in addition to the Shining Star award program, as part of Samaritan’s commitment to recognize and appreciate outstanding employees. All Shining Star recipients are considered for the Ignite Award, and the Employee Engagement committee decides every three months which Shining Star employees rise to the Ignite level.
Ignite winners also:
- Go “above and beyond” assigned job duties;
- Proactively interact with patients, visitors and/or coworkers;
- Represent Samaritan in an exemplary manner through engaging with community partners, serving on various boards/committees, or other means.
If you would like to honor a Samaritan employee that you feel demonstrates these qualities, we invite you to nominate that employee for a Shining Star Award today!