The 2021 Samaritan Scramble golf tournament raised $130,735 for the Mario Pastega House expansion project. These funds will be matched by the Mario and Alma Pastega Family Foundation.
The Mario Pastega House, located on the campus of Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center in Corvallis, is a comfortable home away from home for out-of-area patients and families traveling to Corvallis for specialized medical care.
Held on June 17 at Mallard Creek Golf Course in Lebanon, the tournament drew 112 players and 28 sponsors ranging from $2,500 to $20,000.
“The support from our sponsors and community members is overwhelming,” said Darrel Kau, executive director of the Good Samaritan Hospital Foundation, which hosted the tournament. “These funds will contribute to the addition of 12 new guest rooms at the Mario Pastega House, doubling the current capacity of the house. The project is underway and is scheduled to be completed Jan. 2022.”
Winners of this year’s golf tournament:
- First-place low gross team: Primasing Motors Team – Casey Primasing, Jason Champion, Chris Cox and Mitchell Glasser.
- Second-place low gross team: Willamette Dental Team – Dr. Roy Guerin III, Dr. Aaron McCarley and Dr. Klint Yeck.
- Third place low gross team: AccessOne Team – Kirk Knutson, Al Lacewell, Stephen Scott and Derek Wildman.
- Most Fun Award: KeyBank Team – Ernesto Toskovic, Greg Bergquist, Kendall Hansen and Rich Schultz.
- Men’s closest-to-the-pin contest: Mitchell Glasser (hole 3) and Ben Maciariello (hole 15).
- Ladies closest-to-the-pin contest: Heather McDaniel (hole 3) and Heather Rush (hole 15).
- Men’s long drive contest: Ajay Breen (hole 5) and Stephen Scott (hole 17).
- Ladies long drive contest: Allie Kreusser (hole 5) and Heather Rush (hole 17).
Intalere, a Vizient Company, was this year’s presenting sponsor. Other major sponsors included GBC Construction, Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services, LLC and Willamette Dental Group.
Next year’s tournament will be held at Albany Spring Hill Golf Club on June 9, 2022.
For more information about the Samaritan Scramble and how to get involved next year, contact Christy Duncan at: email@example.com.